- 1 cup biodynamic whole wheat flour (such as Isis brand or white whole wheat flour)
- 2 organic pastured eggs
- 1 ¼ cup water
- 1 tablespoon organic extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ¼ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a Vitamix and process for 2 full minutes. Let batter rest in the refrigerator for 1 hour. (Note: batter can be made in advance and refrigerated in a covered container for up to 48 hours)
- Lightly oil the bottom of a 5 or 6-inch skillet with extra virgin coconut oil and heat over medium heat until very hot. Add about 3 tablespoons of batter and quickly rotate the pan to cover the bottom with the crepe batter. Return the pan to the flame and cook until the top of the crepe looks dry and the underside is light golden. Flip the crepe and cook for a few seconds more. The underside does not need to be browned, but it should be dry. Immediately flip the crepe out of the pan and onto a plate. Stack the crepes between squares of waxed paper and continue cooking until all of the batter is used up.
Crepes can be kept warm on a wire rack, placed on a baking sheet, and tucked inside a 250 degrees F oven.