Beans are an excellent source of detoxifying fiber and plant protein and making them taste delicious couldn’t be any simpler! This delicious and easy 3 Bean Salad Recipe (with Italian seasoning) can be made in 15 minutes and leftovers keep for 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (or unrefined avocado oil)
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, plus more to taste
- ½ to 1 teaspoon anchovy paste (omit if vegan/vegetarian)
- 1 can (15 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 2/3 cup minced red onion
- 2/3 cup minced celery
- 2/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup minced green bell pepper
- Add the garlic and 1 tablespoon of the oil to a medium sized microwave-safe dish. Microwave for 1 minute, until garlic softens. To the dish, add the remaining oil, lemon juice, honey, Dijon mustard, Italian seasoning, salt and anchovy paste (if using). Whisk until ingredients are well blended.
- To a separate large serving bowl, add the kidney beans, garbanzo beans, cannellini beans, red onion, celery, red bell pepper and green bell pepper. Drizzle in the dressing and toss everything to thoroughly mix. Season with additional salt and Italian seasoning if desired.
Note: Allow salad to sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes before serving for the flavors to develop.