- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 3/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3 cups organic fresh spinach
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup Kite Hill dairy-free cream cheese style spread
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic and onion; sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion softens. Season with salt. Stir in the spinach and cook for about 45 seconds, or until spinach just begins to wilt. Season with nutmeg.
- Transfer the onion-spinach mixture to a Vitamix , add the water, nutmeg, pine nuts, lemon juice and Kite Hill dairy-free cream cheese style spread. Process until smooth and creamy. Serve warm or cold.