- 3/4 Cups Coconut Flour
- 6 Tbsp Maple Syrup or Honey
- 6 Tbsp Date sugar or Coconut Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Pumpkin Puree
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Himalayan Pink Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 3 gelatin or flax eggs (see below)
- 6 TBSP hot water
- 3 TBSP tepid water
- 3 TBSP gelatin)
- 3 TBSP flax
- 9 TBSP water
- Approximately 4 Tbsp Date or Coconut Sugar
- Approximately 2 Tsp Cinnamon
*add more as desired
Preheat oven to 350 f.
- Begin by preparing flax or gelatin egg *see below*
- Combine all dry ingredients, and mix well.
- Combine all wet ingredients (including gelatin or flax egg), and beat with an electric mixer until well combined.
- Place batter in a pastry bag (or a ziplock with the end snipped off).
- Grease donut pan with coconut or avocado oil.
- With pastry bag, pipe batter into the donut pan evenly.
- Grease the back of a spoon, and firmly pack the batter into the donut pan. *This is very important, and prevents crumbling*
- Place in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until fork comes out clean.
- While waiting for the donuts to cool, mix the coating ingredients on a plate to coat donuts.
- Once donuts have completely cooled (this is very important), turn donut pan upside down, and remove from donut pan.
- Press into coating mixture until evenly coated.
- Serve cold, or heat in the microwave to serve. Both are delicious! Enjoy!
- Combine water in a bowl.
- With an electric mixer, begin mixing the water, and slowly sprinkling in the gelatin until all 3 Tbsp are well combined. If added slowly, there should be no chunks, and the mixture should be frothy.
- Combine flaxmeal and water.
- Place in the freezer for 5-10 minutes to gelatinize.
- Remove, and add into recipe.