This thick and creamy Chipotle Sauce is one of our favorite recipes to keep in the fridge. We use it for dipping vegetables, chips, crackers and even smoother on our delicious Turkey Mushroom Burgers. If you’re looking for a quick and clean Chipotle Sauce recipe, then you’ve found it.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Unrefined sea salt (to taste)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 ½ chipotle peppers + 1 tablespoon adobo sauce, we use Goya brand
- ½ cup raw macadamia nuts or raw cashews (ideally soaked in water for 2 to 3 hours and then rinsed and drained)
- ½ cup water
- Heat the oil in a small skillet over medium-heat; add the onion and garlic and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes, or until onion is soft. Season with salt and add the lime juice; continue cooking until lime juice evaporates. Set onion mixture aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- To a Vitamix, add the cooled onion mixture, chipotle peppers with adobo sauce, macadamia nuts and water. Process until smooth and creamy.
Note: Sauce will keep for 3 days if stored in a covered container in your refrigerator