This clean baked chicken teriyaki kabob recipe is made with a 5-minute homemade teriyaki sauce sweetened primarily with pureed dates and pineapple. Recipe contains no refined sugar.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 large yellow onion, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 3 cups fresh pineapple cubes
- Himalayan pink salt
- 3/4 cup Clean Cuisine Teriyaki Sauce
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
NOTE: If you are using wooden skewers, be sure to soak them in water for at least an hour before baking. Although this recipe is written as an oven-baked recipe, these skewers can also be placed on a grill if you choose to grill out! If grilling out, bamboo skewers must still be soaked before placing on the grill, or opt for a non-toxic metal/non-flammable option.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and set a wire cooking rack on top of the foil-lined baking sheet.
- Thread the chicken, peppers, onion and pineapple onto the skewers, alternating as you go, until all ingredients have been used.
- Season the the chicken, vegetables and pineapple lightly with salt. (You should end up with about 12 to 15 skewers.)
- Stir 2 tablespoons of the extra virgin olive oil into the teriyaki sauce.
- Use a basting brush to brush about half the teriyaki sauce onto all sides of the chicken, vegetables and pineapple.
- Arrange the skewers on top of the prepared cooking rack. Transfer the skewers to the oven and cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove skewers from the oven and brush with the remaining teriyaki sauce.
- Return skewers to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Serve at once.