- 1 whole head cauliflower (roughly chopped)
- 4 carrots (peeled and roughly chopped)
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 organic (pasture-raised egg (such as Vital Farms))
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup millet flour
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Arrange cauliflower and carrots on a large baking sheet, toss with oil and season lightly with salt; roast vegetables for 25 minutes, or until slightly softened. Remove roasted vegetables from the oven and set aside to cool, but keep the oven turned on at 400 degrees.
- Transfer the roasted vegetables to a food processor and pulse until finely ground, about the consistency of couscous. Transfer the mixture onto a clean kitchen towel and use your hands to squeeze out as much liquid as possible.
- To a large bowl, add the roasted vegetable mixture, egg, garlic clove and millet flour. Mix until the mixture holds together when pinched.
- Line 3 small pizza stones (or a large baking sheet) with parchment paper and liberally brush the top of each piece of parchment paper with extra virgin olive oil (Note: It is important to oil the parchment paper to keep your pizza from sticking!) Divide and spread the roasted carrot-cauliflower mixture out onto the parchment-lined pizza stones or baking sheet and use your hands to shape 3 equal-sized round crusts. Transfer the crusts to the 400 degree oven and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes, or until just barely golden. See notes below for adding toppings.
To top your pizza crust, simply brush with marinara sauce, sprinkle on a small amount of cheese and transfer the crust back to the oven to bake for about 5-minutes, or until cheese melts. Serve warm.