These pillowy soft and perfectly sweet Butternut Squash Muffins will give you your “Fall Fix” without having to say the words “pumpkin spice!”
- 2 organic pastured eggs
- ¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons
- ¼ cup mashed banana
- 1 container (10-ounces frozen butternut squash, thawed)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup
- ½ cup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- ¾ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line 10 muffin tins with paper muffin liners.
- In a high-speed blender, add the eggs, dates, water, lemon juice, coconut oil, and banana. Process until smooth and creamy. Add the thawed butternut squash, and vanilla extract and process again for at least 1 full minute, or until smooth and creamy. Set wet ingredients aside.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, combine the whole wheat flour, almond flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Slowly pour the wet ingredients in with the dry ingredients and use a spatula to scrape all of the wet ingredients from the blender container. Once the ingredients are well blended, stir in the raisins.
- Divide the batter among the muffin tins, place in the oven and bake for 25 to 28 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out dry. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before serving.