For the Falafel Burgers:
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Put chickpeas and walnuts in a food processor and process until crumb-like. Transfer walnut-chickpea crumbs to a mixing bowl and set aside.
- Put garlic, onions, and carrots in food processor and pulse until almost minced. Add the chopped cilantro and pulse several more times until vegetables are just minced (be careful not to overly process the vegetables.)
- Heat 3 tablespoons of oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the minced vegetable mixture and saute 3 to 5 minutes, or until soft.
- Transfer the sauteed vegetables to the bowl with the walnut-chickpea crumbs. Add in the flour, cumin, lemon juice, salt, coriander and cayenne pepper. Mix with a spoon or your hand until fully combined. Form 8 round patties, place them on the parchment-lined baking sheet and use your palm to gently flatten them into a burger shape.
- In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium-high heat. Add 4 of the burgers and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side, until golden brown. Remove the cooked burgers and transfer back to the parchment-lined baking sheet. Wipe out the pan, add the remaining tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the remaining 4 burgers.
- Once all of the burgers are browned, place them in the oven and bake for 15 minutes on one side, then flip and bake 15 minutes on the other side. Let burgers rest for 30 minutes before serving.
For the Creamy Dill Sauce
- Put all ingredients in a mini food processor and process until smooth and creamy. Creamy Dill Sauce can be made up to 3 days in advance and stored in a covered container in the refrigerator.