- 1 1/2 cups biodynamic whole wheat flour (such as Isis brand OR white whole wheat flour)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup organic extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s, melted)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 organic (pastured egg (such as Vital Farms))
- 1 1/4 cup organic (unsweetened applesauce (such as Eden Foods brand))
- 1/4 cup white chia seeds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 12 standard muffin cups with paper liners.
- In a food processor, add the flour, oats, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, coconut oil, maple syrup, egg and applesauce. Process for 1 minute, or until ingredients are well blended.
- Stir in the chia seeds.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups. Bake until the muffins are golden and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean, about 24 to 28 minutes. Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm or at room temperature.