- 3/4 cup coconut “cream” (skimmed from the top of a can of coconut milk (see notes below))
- 1/2 frozen banana, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon fresh key lime juice (OR Nellie & Joe’s Famous Key West Lime Juice)
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 3 pinches unrefined sea salt
- 1/2 cup very cold water
- 1 1/4 cups ice cubes
- Place all ingredients, except for the ice, and process until smooth and creamy. Add the ice and process again. Drink chilled.
Coconut “Cream” is the thick, rich and non-watery part of canned coconut milk. To get the “cream” you need to refrigerate your coconut milk for 5 or 6 hours or pop it in the freezer for at least an hour. Once the coconut milk is cold, carefully remove the top with a can opener and use a spoon to scoop out the hardened coconut “cream” off the top. The “cream” is what you will be using for the Key Lime Pie Smoothie Recipe. You can reserve the liquid water for other smoothies.