You won’t believe the depth of flavor this super fast Instant Pot White Bean Soup recipe delivers. The recipe calls for dried cannellini beans but it all comes together so quickly (you don’t even have to soak the beans)…and nothing is sacrificed!
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup finely chopped carrots
- 3/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 3 cups dried cannellini beans
- 6 cups vegetable broth
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Himalayan pink salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon date sugar (OR coconut palm sugar)
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- Add the oil to the bottom of your Instant Pot, select the SAUTE setting and heat the oil. When the oil is hot, add the onions, carrots, celery and garlic and saute for 4 to 5 minutes, or until vegetables are soft.
- Add the beans, broth, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper and date sugar. Secure the lid and set the Pressure Release to SEALING. Press the CANCEL button to reset the cooking program, then select the BEAN/ CHILI setting and set the cooking time for 35 minutes at high pressure.
- Let the pressure release naturally for at least 10 minutes, then move the Pressure Release to VENTING to release any remaining steam and open up the pot. Allow the soup to sit for at least 10 minutes before serving. Ladle out individual bowls, scatter with parsley and serve warm.
Keywords: white beans