- 1 large bunch of fresh broccoli rabe
- 3 tablespoons cold pressed extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 whole bulb of fresh peeled garlic, coarsely chopped (use a mini food processor to make this easy)
- Pink Himalayan sea salt, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Trim the thick tough stems from the broccoli rabe then rinse and pat very dry.
- Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large heavy skillet over medium heat; add the chopped garlic and sauté briefly, 30-45 seconds.
- Add the broccoli rabe, toss to coat in the oil and garlic and reduce the heat to medium. Cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli wilts. After 3 minutes, add the remaining tablespoon of oil along with 1 tablespoon of water and salt and crushed red pepper to taste. Add an additional tablespoon of water ever 3 minutes or so, stirring each time. Cook broccoli rabe for about 20 minutes total or until it is very, very wilted. Adjust seasoning and serve.
- Serving Size: 4