- 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s) melted
- 1 pastured organic egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (15 ounces) cannellini beans or garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 3/4 cups of 1-for-1 gluten-free flour mix, such as King Arthur’s
- 1/2 cup ground flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped walnuts or pecans
- 3/4 cup dairy-free dark mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a high-speed blender process the sugar and melted extra virgin coconut oil for 1-minute, or until smooth. Add in the egg, vanilla extract and beans; process until smooth and creamy. Set wet ingredients aside.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the flour, flax seed meal, baking soda and salt. Stir the wet ingredients in with the dry (the dough will be very stiff; use two knives to “cut” the ingredients and mix well.) Add in the nuts and chocolate chips. Mix well until all ingredients are well blended.
- Measure one tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie and roll the dough in your hand into a ball. Place cookies on a baking sheet about 1/2 inch apart. Press each cookie gently several times with a fork to flatten. Bake until the cookies are golden, about 11-14 minutes (do not over bake). Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
Cookies can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days or frozen in a sealed zip-top bag for up to one month.