- 15 ounces canned pumpkin (note: look for BPA-free boxed pumpkin such as Pacific Natural Foods brand, if possible)
- 3 organic, pastured eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup
- 12 to 15 pitted dates OR 1/2 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon all-spice
- 1/8 teaspoon cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- Pinch of unrefined sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine all of the ingredients in a and process until smooth and creamy.
- Pour pumpkin mixture into the unbaked pie crust. Bake in the middle rack in the center of the oven for about 1 hour (or until knife inserted in the center comes out clean.) Set pumpkin on wire rack to cool for at least 1 hour before serving.
I think pumpkin pie tastes best super cold. I like to refrigerate mine and serve it cold.