- 2 organic, pasture-raised eggs (such as Vital Farms brand)
- 1/2 cup organic, extra-virgin coconut oil
- 2 pitted medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups spelt flour (I like sprouted spelt flour, such as One Degree Organics)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Pink Himalayan Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons date sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 3/4 cup dried wild blueberries (such as Eden Foods brand)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup dairy-free dark chocolate chips (such as Enjoy Life brand)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix), add the eggs, coconut oil, dates and vanilla extract; process on high speed until ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Transfer the liquid mixture to a medium-sized mixing bowl. Set liquid mixture aside.
- In a separate medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Working in batches, add the dry mixture to the liquid mixture until the mixture forms a dough. Stir in the blueberries, almonds and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to a floured work surface and kneed several times. Shape into a log approximately 10-inches long. Transfer to the parchment-lined baking sheet and bake for 25 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool for 10 to 15 minutes.
- With a serrated knife, cut the log across at a diagonal into 1/2-inch thick slices. Arrange on the baking sheet, cut side down, and bake for another 5 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack to cool. Keep the biscotti stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to a week.