- 2 tablespoons raw honey, softened
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds (such as Nutiva)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons cold-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pastured organic egg (such as Vital Farms), lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup stoneground yellow cornmeal (such as Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1 cup white whole wheat flour (such as King Arthur Flour) or 1-for-1 gluten free flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt (such as Real Salt)
- 1 cup frozen organic corn kernels, semi-thawed
- Preheat the oven 400 degrees. Liberally oil 8 muffin tins with extra virgin olive oil.
- In a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix), add the honey, hemp seeds, water, lemon juice, olive oil and egg. Process until smooth and creamy.
- In a medium-size bowl, mix the cornmeal, flour, baking powder and salt. Make a well in the center of the mixture and add the wet ingredients. Mix until moist. Blend in the corn kernels.
- Spoon batter into prepared muffin tins and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean (be careful not to over bake or they’ll be too dry!) Remove cornbread muffins from muffin tins and serve warm.