This dreamy Strawberry Shortbread Smoothie recipe is guaranteed to blow you away. Cold, creamy, sweet and a teeny bit tart, it’s almost like Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream! It could very well end up being your favorite clean smoothie recipe of all time…. I always get new recipe ideas when we travel and this one was inspired by a recent family trip to NYC. We went to the Big Apple with my nieces (who had never been to the city!) When I asked them where they wanted to eat, Black Tap was at the top of their dining wish list. Black Tap is one of the city hot spots serving up giant milkshakes that are apparently a big deal these days. This Strawberry Shortbread smoothie recipe is my clean eating #NoRegrets alternative. The recipe is dairy free with no refined sugar and loaded with antioxidants, omega-3’s and fiber. Perfect for dessert OR breakfast! It’s also a super easy alternative to my Strawberry Shortcake Dessert 😉
It tastes just like a Strawberry Shortbread dessert, but this clean smoothie recipe is dairy free and has no refined sugar!
- 2 cups frozen organic strawberries, semi-thawed
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup water, divided
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup raw walnuts
- 3 pitted medjool dates
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
- 1/2 cup ice
- In a high speed blender (such as a Vitamix), add the strawberries, maple syrup, lemon juice and 1/4 cup water. Process on high for about 1 minute, or until ingredients are well blended (Note: you may need to add 1 or 2 additional tablespoons of water if the strawberries are not thawed enough). Transfer the strawberry puree into a separate container and rinse the blender container.
- Add the remaining 1/2 cup water, vanilla, oats, walnuts, dates and pinch of salt to the cleaned blender container and process on high speed until mixture is smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Add the ice and process again for about 20 seconds.
- Using a spoon, divide half of the strawberry puree into the bottoms of two glass cups. Pour equal amounts of the oat/ walnut milk on top of the strawberry puree. Spoon the remaining strawberry puree on top of each glass. Drink at once!
- Cuisine: Smoothie