- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1/2 cup hemp seeds
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 3/4 cup sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 cups cooked/ canned pumpkin puree (I like Farmer’s Market brand boxed BPA-free pumpkin)
- 1 cup water
- 6 organic, pastured eggs, separated
- 1 tablespoon unrefined red palm oil (or organic extra virgin coconut oil)
- Optional: 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- Fresh organic blueberries, for topping
- Preheat a waffle iron.
- In a food processor or high speed blender (such as a Vitamix), add the oats, hemp seeds, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt; process into fine crumbs. Add the sorghum flour, pumpkin puree, water, egg yolks, oil and maple syrup (if using); process until ingredients are well blended.
- Add the egg whites in a separate large bowl. Use a handheld electric blender and whip until soft peaks form. Gently fold the whipped egg whites into the pumpkin batter.
- When the waffle iron is hot, gently wipe it with the same oil used in the batter. Make the waffles according to the waffle iron instructions. Serve with fresh blueberries.