Made from pumpkin and spice and everything nice, our clean Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe has no refined sugar, no dairy and nothing refined, funky or fake. It’s the perfect pick-me-up for the now-upon us holiday season.
If you are Pumpkin Spice Latte devote, I am pretty sure Starbucks would be the one to thank for this seasonal coffee phenomenon (now known by an acronym, PSL). With more than 200 million sold thus far, clearly people have a thing for Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
I knew the Starbucks version wouldn’t exactly be “clean”, but I was appalled to stumble upon just how awful it really is. Not only did the Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe not have a bit of real pumpkin, it was laced with mounds of sugar, pesticide residue, artificial flavors, preservatives, sulfites and more (Click HERE to read more about what’s really in a Starbucks PSL.)
The good news is, you can still get your pumpkin on minus the junk. The clean version only takes 5-minutes to whip together. And no lines either (wink).
By the way, if you are wondering if coffee and Clean Cuisine can go hand in hand, be sure to read the latest coffee research HERE.
How to Make a Clean Pumpkin Spice Latte RecipePrint
- 1 cup fresh brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 pitted dates
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree (look for BPA-free boxed pumpkin such as Pacific Foods brand)
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly grated ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Coconut whipped cream (optional)
- In a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix), add the coffee, coconut milk, dates, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, ginger and vanilla. Process on high until smooth and creamy. Serve warm with a dollop of coconut whipped cream (optional).
Check out this Vanilla Latte Recipe too!