Women over 40: If you want to feel energized, calm & clear-headed, then this brain fog busting/ hormone balancing smoothie recipe is for you. It’s chock full of superfoods that increase mental flow, boost energy, support healthy hormones, boost mood & curb sugar cravings.
- 2 tablespoons collagen powder (such as BulletProof)
- 1 teaspoon camu powder
- 1 tablespoon raw cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon maca powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ashwagandha
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseeds
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- 1 package unsweetened frozen acai (such as Sambazon brand) OR 1/2 cup frozen wild blueberries
- 1 cup frozen cauliflower florets
- 1 frozen banana, cut into pieces
- Optional: 3 or 4 medjool dates
- Optional: 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Optional: 1/2 teaspoon stevia powder
- Optional: 1 scoop Amare brand “MentaBiotics” (Probiotic, Prebiotic and Phytobiotic)
- Optional: Go Raw brand “Coco Crunch Sprouted Granola” topping (for sprinkling on top)
In a blender jar, add 1 1/4 cups water and 1/2 cup ice. Add the collagen, camu, cacao, maca, ashwagandha, flaxseeds, hemp seeds, frozen acai (OR frozen wild blueberries), frozen cauliflower and frozen banana. Process on high speed for at least one full minute, or until mixture is smooth and creamy.
- To make the smoothie sweeter: Add the dates, vanilla and stevia powder and process until smooth and creamy.
- To give your smoothie a probiotic, prebiotic + phytobiotic boost: Add the Amare “MentaBiotics” and process until smooth and creamy. Drink cold.
- To add a crunchy topping: Sprinkle on a few tablespoons of Go Raw brand “Coco Crunch Sprouted Granola” topping.
The hormone balancing smoothie recipe can be made up to 24 hours in advance and stored in a covered container (such as a thermos) in the refrigerator.