- Extra virgin coconut oil (such as Barlean’s brand) for greasing the baking sheet
- 2 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 1/4 teaspoon unrefined sea salt
- 1 cup raw walnuts
- 1 cup raw pecans
- 1/2 cup prunes
- 3 tablespoons date sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened raw cacao powder (such as Navitas Naturals brand)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet with the extra virgin coconut oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, egg whites and salt.
- Place the walnuts, pecans, prunes, date or coconut palm sugar and cacao powder in a food processor and process into fine crumbs. Transfer the “crumbs” to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients in with the dry; mix well. Using a tablespoon as a measuring device, form 14 small round cookies. Bake for 15-17 minutes, or until done but still chewy. Cool completely before serving.