Declaring to have the best hummus recipe is one thing, but the best hummus recipe with hemp seeds? Who exactly makes hummus with hemp seeds? Well, that would, of course, be me.
From touting hemp seed health benefits, applying homemade hemp seed masks to my face, adding hefty amounts of hemp seeds to my bread recipes, making hemp seed salad dressings and now hemp seed hummus too, I admit I do have somewhat of a thing for hemp seeds.
This new hemp seed recipe really is quite something though. Hemp seeds aside, it’s the best hummus simply because it tastes authentic, the way real hummus should.
And like any good hummus, my hemp seed version is always a welcomed party food dip. In fact, if you happen to be headed to a dinner party you could quickly whip up a batch of hemp hummus, pop it in a pretty jar and bring along with a nice bottle of wine as a thoughtful hostess gift. If you really want to go all out, you could make your hostess the whole grain and hemp seed bread (in photo below), which is amazing toasted and spread with…you guessed it! Hemp seed hummus.
- 1/4 cup plus 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpeas, rinsed and drained (look for BPA-free brand such as Eden Foods)
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 5 cloves garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a high-speed blender (such as a Vitamix) and process until smooth and creamy. Note: You may need to start and stop the blender several times and mix the ingredients with a spoon.
Hungry For More Healthful, Easy Dip Recipes Made with Superfoods?
Be sure to check out our Superfood Cookbook! Only $2.99 on Amazon.